Around 2019/2020, residents of Enugu and Nsukka began to notice the clearing of land and building of structures at Agu-Ekwegbe. This cleared land is located along Enugu-Nsukka new expressway. This land belongs to Samuel Maduka Onyishi, CEO of Peace Mass Transit. He bought the land to build a school. In this post, we’ll be looking at all you need to know about Maduka University and Maduka University College, Ekwegbe, Enugu.
Maduka University and Maduka University College are the brainchild of Chief Samuel Maduka Onyishi, CEO of Peace Mass Transit. He named the school after himself. While being interviewed about the school, he said he got the idea of the school as sort of legacy he would be leaving for future generations.
In this article, there are other things you need to know about this school sitting on over 300 hectares of land. At the point of completion, this school won’t be only a citadel where people go to learn, it will also be an economically viable community.
Now, let’s get down to the details.
All you need to Know about Maduka University and Maduka University College, Ekwegbe, Enugu
Each of the different pieces of information you need to know about this school and its community would be broken down into parts in this section.
Who is the Owner of Maduka University College and Maduka University, Ekwegbe, Enugu?
It is owned by Chief Samuel Maduka Onyishi, CEO of Peace Mass Transit.
Where is the School Located?
Maduka University College and Maduka University are located at Agu-Ekwegbe, Igbo-etiti Local Government Area, Enugu State. It is along the new Nsukka-Enugu road. You can get to the school from Abakpa axis of Enugu city, and from Opi axis of Nsukka.
When was the School Established?
The mapping and construction of the university and university college started around 2019. Maduka University College kicked off its first academic session and admitted the first set of students in 2022. Maduka University started out sometime later.
What Type of Educational System and Curriculum is the School Using?
The Maduka schools pride themselves as the first entrepreneurial-focused insistutions in Nigeria. Thus, learners would be taught with the mindset of being self-employed and business owners.
The schools state that their learners would be taught to be creative, enterprising, and self-reliant. Unlike other schools where students end up searching for jobs, students of Maduka schools would be taught how to start up businesses.
What is the Vision and Mission of the School?
To provide excellent educational opportunities in the frontiers of knowledge and application of innovative and creative technologies to industry, business and entrepreneurship that are transformative and responsive to the needs and challenges of the local and global society and for the Glory of God.
What is the Motto of the School?
Knowledge for Self-Reliance, Development and Service to God.
In addition, as you should have noted there is the secondary school arm, and the the university arm. The secondary school is Maduka University College that admits secondary school students to JSS1 and SS1 classes.
The university school is Maduka University. It admits students into Year One for the different courses offered in the school. These courses are under different faculties known as schools.
We’ll be breaking down these schools, faculties, and courses in the next section.
What are the Schools, Faculties, and Courses offered in Maduka University?
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING
1. B.Sc. Software Engineering
2.B.Sc. Applied Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence
3. B.Sc. Computational Modelling and Data Analytics
4. B.Sc. Electrical and Systems Engineering
5.B.Sc Electronic and Instrumentation Engineering
6. B.Sc. Computer Science and Informatics
7. B.Sc. Civil Engineering
8. B.Sc. Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
9. B.Sc. Physics and Robotics Automation
10. B.Sc. Mechatronics Engineering.
11. B.Sc. Bio-Resources Engineering
12. B.Sc. Energy Systems Engineering
13. B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
14. B.Sc. Oil and Gas Engineering
15. B.Sc. Biomedical Engineering
16. B.Sc. Architecture and Building Information Management
SCHOOL OF LAW AND HUMANITIES
17. LL.B. Commercial and Property Law
18. LL.B. Public and Private Law
19. LL.B. International Law & Jurisprudence
20. B.A Criminal Justice
21. B.A Paralegal Studies
22. B.A Music, Creative and Visual Arts
23. B.A History, Heritage and Tourism Studies
24. B.A. Peace and Conflict Studies
25. B.A. Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
26. B.Sc. Communication and Multi Media Studies
27. B.Sc. Advertising and Marketing Communications
28. B.Sc. Event Management
29. B.Sc. Social and Digital Marketing
30. B.Sc. Design Studies
31. B.Sc. Journalism
32. B.Sc. Film Studies
SCHOOL OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP, MANAGEMENT, SOCIAL SCIENCES AND EDUCATION
33. B.Sc. Security and Intelligence Studies
34. B.Sc. Social Work and Community Development
35. B.Sc. Public Safety and Disaster Management
36. B.Sc. GeoInformation and Estate Management
37. B.Sc. e-Commerce and Marketing
38. B.Sc. International Business
39. B.Sc. Human Relations and Talent Management
40. B.Sc. Accounting
41. B.Sc. Transportation Systems
42. B.Sc. Economics and Development Studies
43. B.Sc. Information Systems
44. B.Sc. Policy Studies and Administration
45. B.Sc. Political Science and International Relations
46. B.Sc. Business Administration and Entrepreneurship Management
47. B.ED. Primary Education and Child Development
48. B.ED. Gender Studies and Cultural Diversity Education
49. B.ED. Educational Technology
50. B.ED. Science Education
51. B.ED. Computer Education
SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
52. B.Sc. Microbiology
53. B.Sc. Food Quality, Safety and Nutrition
54. B.Sc. Environmental Biology
55. B.Sc. Forensic Science
56. B.Sc. Environmental Informatics
57. B.Sc. Biotechnology
58. B.Sc. Molecular Biology and Genetics
59. B.Sc. Bio-Chemistry
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
60. B.Sc. Physiology
61. B.Sc. Anatomy
62. B. Sc Human Nutrition & Dietetics
63. B.MLS (Medical Laboratory Science)
64. MBBS; Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
65. B.Sc. Nursing
66. B.Sc. Physiotherapy
67. B.Sc. Medical Imaging
68. Pharm. D. Pharmacy
SCHOOL OF AGRONOMICS
69. B.Sc. Bio-entrepreneurship and extension services
70. B.Sc. Environmental Bio-Technology
71. B.Sc. Agribusiness
72. B.Sc. Irrigation and Green House Technology
73. B.Sc. Bio-Resources
74. B.Sc. Agronomy
75. B.Sc. Aquaculture
76. B.Sc. Food Science and Technology,
77. B.Sc. Animal Science
78. B.Sc Organic Agriculture and Food Systems
How is the University Campus Structured?
Maduka University campus is siting on over 300 hectares of land. It is going to be run in such a way that it is more of a community that is self-reliant. Thus, there are going to be a wide range of structures in the capmpus.
There would be the existence of
Faculty Buildings and Classes
Academic and Non-academic staff members’ offices
Laboratories and workshops
Eateries and Refectories
Hotel and Resorts close to the Lake in the school environment
Staff Quarters, and many more.
Therefore the school would be self-reliant, and would be a bubbling economic community on its own.
There would be several workshops in the school to teach the students technical and entrepreneurial skills to use and become entrepreneurs after graduation.
What is the School Fees of Maduka University College and Maduka University?
The school doesn’t disclose the school fees at this moment. You should note, though, that it is a non-profit school at the moment. All the money charged as school is channelled towards maintenance of the school, payment of workers, and other expenses.
Nonetheless, you should get your mind set that the school is around 350,000 to 500,000 naira for secondary school student.
The university students pay way above 400,000 naira.
What is the Total Worth of the Maduka University Community?
The school and its community is worth more than $70 million.
These are all you need to know about Maduka University and Maduka University College, Ekwegbe, Enugu. It is a good school that would reposition your ward to become creative, self-reliant, and an entrepreneur. You won’t make a make enrolling him or her there. The university community is a large and enterprising one as well.
Source and University Website: https://madukauniversity.com.ng