Pastor Adeboye has recently come under intense attack by Nigerians for prophesying that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu will bring back the glory of the naira. It caused a lot of sensation among Nigerians, especially those online. Pastor Adeboye prophesies that naira will be equal to dollar soon; how factual is this prophecy, and how will it come to pass?
You should note that Nigeria is very religious country, and this is not the first time this type of prophecy have been made. Now, let us take a look at the matter deeply.
Pastor Adeboye prophesies that Naira will be equal to Dollar soon; How Factual is this Prophecy, and How will it Come to Pass?
1. If it by mere spiritual prophecy without putting in work and policies to make the Naira stronger, the prophecy is already a failure.
2. The Naira has higher probability of not getting back to its original state in 2015, or for it to become as valuable as the dollar. It’s near impossible.
3. To make the Naira stronger and trade at the rate of 500 naira to a dollar or less, Nigeria has to make a long time plan. Production has to be increased, and exportation has to be quadrupled as such that the dollar in circulation in the country is way higher than demand for dollars.
4. The educational standard of Nigeria needs to be improved as such that Nigerians don’t need to travel abroad to get good education. If Nigerians can cut their love for foreign education by 80%, the pressure on the naira will reduce.
5. The rate of Japa has to reduce as well, or the rate of Japa should be commiserate with the amount of dollar in circulation. The number of Nigerians leaving the country also helps out as they send in dollars and other foreign currencies into Nigeria.
6. The number of Nigerians practising and working in the digital economy should be quadrupled. Thus, these people are paid in dollars in cash or otherwise, and it helps the value of the naira.
7. Overdependence on foreign goods and services has to reduce by 80%. Local production and use of local services should be encouraged.
There are also many other points that Nigeria and Nigerians can keep to in a long time process that will lift the value of naira. We can’t mention all of them here.
Therefore, naira’s value as against the dollar cannot improve with just prophecy and no laid-down plans and procedures.
Pastor Adeboye prophesies that Naira will be equal to Dollar soon: How Factual is this Prophecy, and How will it Come to Pass?
The prophecy will take more than 10 years to come to pass. It can also only come to pass if it the right procedures and processes are followed. In addition, it can come to pass if Nigeria and Nigerians put in work and are ready to make sacrifices.