NSCDC (National Security and Civil Defence Corp) has put out a call for application from Nigerians who are interested in joining the security outfit. The security outfit belongs to the Federal Government, and the pay is quite good. The problem is how to apply to work in Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) in 2022/2023?
What is NSCDC? The History of NSCDC?
NSCDC stands for National Security and Civil Defence Corp. It is a security body or outfit belonging to the Federal Government. It was constitutionally and legally established in 2003. However, before then, it had been existing in Nigeria, way back to the Nigerian Civil War era.
The NSCDC was initially an organization or body introduced in the Federal Capital Area of Lagos to sensitize the people about the ongoing Nigerian Civil War. Prior to its establishment, the people didn’t know much about any war or how to behave during wars. Thus, the people’s lack of idea of wars and war behavior led to the establishment of the organization.
After the war, members of the organization still remained. They aided the police, and helped in organizing and safeguarding the community. It was until the election of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999, and his job creation drive, that the corp was fully resurrected.
The process to fully and legally establish one of Nigeria’s security outfit began. It was finally and formally established in 2003, after the legal and administrative process in the legislature and presidency.
From 2003 till date, hundreds of Nigerians have been employed to work in the corp. They are popularly known by Nigerians as Civil Defence or Nigerian Civil Defence.
What are the Duties of Civil Defence or Nigerian Civil Defence (NSCDC)?
This security outfit performs wide range of roles and functions in Nigeria. You should know that they aren’t charged with fully with securing Nigeria, and protecting life and properties, like the Nigerian Army and Police, they simply aid them.
They carry out a wide range of aiding roles in security. Some of their roles include:
1. Sensitizing Nigerians on the matters of security and safety.
2. Helping out in directing, guiding, and safeguarding Nigerians vital locations like hospitals, universities, highly populated government institutions, and so on.
3. Assisting the Nigerian Police in cases of worrisome concern and uprising like a riot, election, insurgency, and so on.
4. Assisting the Federal Road Safety Commission in their duties in the cases of overwhelming work or road mishaps.
5. Being part of the community, and giving the necessary security details to the Nigerian Police and Nigerian Army.
There are also other roles they perform.
How to Apply to Work in Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) in 2022/2023
You should ensure you have the requirements before you apply to work in this security outfit.
What are the Requirements?
1. You should have made 6 Credits in O’level, including English and Mathematics, at most, two sittings.
2. You should have national and indigenous means of identification like National ID card, and Local Government attestation letter.
3. If you are applying as a graduate, then your National Diploma, or Highet National Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree, should all be ready.
4. You should be medically fit in all way.
For the 2022/2023 application, you can check out this portal–https://cdcfib.career.
You should follow the procedures and guides presented to you on the portal.
This is definitely how to apply to work in Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) in 2022/2023.